Colorado PLT Workshops:
EE IN JULESBURG: HYBRID PLT WORKSHOP (BLENDED)
1st part-home or school; 2nd part-Julesburg Fairgrounds
When:Friday, October 20, 2017
Environmental Education training and credit without going to Denver!
Syllabus: Hybrid PLT Workshop (Blended)
Register for this workshop at www.coloradoplt.org by 10-16-17.
Pre-workshop assignment: Hike through the PLT, CSFS and CAEE websites. (1 HOUR)
- E-Unit access code will be assigned upon completion and receipt of assignment. Due by 10/20/17
1st component of hybrid workshop:
Online PLT workshop. (4-5 HOURS)
Complete the grade level specific E-Unit tutorial found online by 11-20-17.
- Register for one of the E-Units (K-2 Treemendous Science; 3-5 Energy and Ecosystems; 6-8 Carbon and Climate) at www.shop.plt.org by 10-20-17.
- Complete all coursels, including introductory videos; submit worksheets to instructor via email by 11-20-17.
- Implement at least one activities in the E-Unit with students, youth group, family members, or colleagues. Write a one page description and critique of the activity. Post this and a reflection on your E-Unit on the cohort discussion page, and describe in detail your future plans to use PLT in your education setting by 11-27-17.
2nd component of hybrid workshop:
Local workshop or professional development Dec 2 or 9 (3-4 HOURS)
- Meet with others in cohort for field experience/PLT activities/Environmental Education Expo with state and/or local natural resource professionals Dec 2 or 9
- Meet with others from cohort and local facilitator for book discussion (book will be assigned upon registration; must be read by discussion on Dec 2 or 9)
- Participate in 2 hours of live Env Ed Webinars through CAEE (www.caee.org) on Oct 26 and/or attend and participate during the online NAAEE conference Oct https://naaee.org/conference/virtual-conference-schedule Oct 17-19. Submit reflection of webinars attended by Dec. 2.
3rd component of hybrid workshop:
Submit final paperwork documenting accomplishments, reflections, dates of completion by December 15.
|Component 1: ALL|
|10/20||Register for this workshop|
|10/20||Complete Online Scavenger hunt assignment and receive E-Unit code||1|
|10/20||Create PLT accounts (2) and register for E-Unit with access code|
|11/20||Complete E-Unit tutorial and submit all worksheets to instructor via email.||4|
|11/27||Post your E-Unit experiences on the cohort discussion page||1|
|Component 2 options: CHOOSE ONE|
|11/17-19, 26||Participate in 3 hours of Webinars (document topic, speakers, reflections)||3|
|12/2||Submit webinar reflections (option 1)||1|
|12-2 (or 9)||Read assigned book and participate in book discussion (option 2)||4|
|12-2 (or 9)||Field trip/activity (option 3)||3|
|Component 3: ALL|
|12/15||Submit final documents of completion|
Continuing Education Credit:
.5 from Colorado School of Mines
Grade Level: preK-12
Registration Deadline: October 20, 2017
Click here to register for this workshop.
Call 303-278-8822 for more information or to register.
For registration help or other information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*If you register and later need
to cancel your registration -
Two weeks or more before workshop date: fee will be refunded less $5 for processing
Less than two weeks before workshop date: fee is non-refundable, but you may use your payment towards a future PLT workshop
Interested in having a Project Learning Tree workshop at your location?
Or if you have any questions
contact Shawna Crocker, email@example.com or call 303-278-8822.